ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

USB Safely Remove, 50% discount on January 17th

<< < (3/7) > >>

Midnight Rambler:
USB Disk Ejector works fine too and is freeware.  Have been using it on my XP and Vista boxes without a hitch.

rjbull:
USB Disk Ejector works fine too and is freeware.
-Midnight Rambler (August 14, 2010, 05:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

USB Safely Remove does more than just eject.  Samples:

* Display surprise removal USB devices
* On attempt to stop a whole card reader:

* Ask a question
* Always disconnect
* Never disconnect (only allow ejection of memory cards)
* Drive letter management —

* Hide drive letters when there are no media inserted (System setting)
This option is very useful when you have a card reader. Usually card readers
create several extra empty drives in the system. After this option is enabled you
will only see drives of those slots where memory cards are inserted into.
* Prohibit assigning the following drive letters to hot-plug devicesIt will prevent Windows from assigning the specified drive letters to hot-plug
devices (flash drives, USB drives). It is useful if you have nelwork drives
* Global Autorun
Here you can assign programs to launch on connection or disconnection of all devices visible by the program

The feature I like most is the ability to permanently assign a drive letter to a USB device.  E.g., one USB stick always appears as F:, another as G:, the card reader is always H:, and my WD Passport external HD is always I:, whether or not they are present at boot time and in whatever order they are added.  

If you want even more features, the same firm make Zentimo.  Key features:

* Drive Letter Management
The program can hide drive letters of unused card reader slots, tie a drive letter to a specific device and many more...
* Portable App Quick Launcher
Lets you launch any application located on your external drive with a click
* Powerful Autorun
Can automatically mount\dismount your TrueCrypt drive, a file manager, check flash for viruses or anything else on device connection\disconnection
* Real Safe Device Removal
Lets you stop your device, displays locking processes or even activate a stopped device back.
* Honest Drive Speed Test
You can see your drive actual read\write speed
--- End quote ---

tomos:
USB Disk Ejector works fine too and is freeware.
-Midnight Rambler (August 14, 2010, 05:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

USB Safely Remove does more than just eject.  Samples:
[...]
-rjbull (August 15, 2010, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

and just in case anyone missed it:
Mini-Review and Discount (Sep 2010): USB Safely Remove and Zentimo :)

rjbull:
Thanks, tomos!  I overlooked that one   :-[

superboyac:
The feature I like most is the ability to permanently assign a drive letter to a USB device.  E.g., one USB stick always appears as F:, another as G:, the card reader is always H:, and my WD Passport external HD is always I:, whether or not they are present at boot time and in whatever order they are added.
-rjbull (August 15, 2010, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes!  Me too!  I love that feature more so than anything else.  The software is worth the money just for that alone, even if it didn't do any of the start/stop stuff.  It's a well made program, it really is.  It does what it says and is supposed to do, it does it really well, the design is simple yet elegant, the user experience is great.  I love stuff like that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version