Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 18, 2014, 08:47:10 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Free Hosting that allows Javascript?  (Read 4562 times)
thefritz_j
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 16, 2009, 10:27:46 AM »

Does anyone know of a free website hosting service that let's you host your own HTML pages, including pages that run Javascript?

I have a MSN "Space" and also a Google Page, but I don't think they let me do my own html files with Javascript.

(I hope this hasn't been asked before, I did do a "search" before posting.  Cool)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 10:30:22 AM by thefritz_j » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 10:35:34 AM »

dcmembers space of course smiley
thefritz_j
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 10:43:54 AM »

dcmembers space of course smiley

I just don't know how many hits I'd be getting.  What are the storage and hits limit for dcmembers space?  I really only have a few KB to store, but I want to share the link with at least a dozen friends and family.  Maybe more?  I mean, I appricieate the offer, but I don't want to be a bad house guest!
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 11:25:31 AM »

Most free hosts allow javascript. Geocities allows it, and you can upload your own pages. (but they add advertising to them, like most free hosts do).

What you need to do is look for free hosting and not a free journal or blog like MSN Space is.

Try Google or TheFreeSite.

When you have found one you think you might want to sign up for, before you do, Google the name of the company with the words "malware" & "spyware", just to ensure that the host won't be attacking your visitors with nasties (there are many that do!).

h0meopathic
Participant

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 10:16:42 PM »

000webhost.com

they've got a nice set up and a good deal.
codyBane
Participant

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 06:15:41 PM »

I haven't even heard of a host that 'doesn't' allow javascript.  Free or not.  You would generally be more concerned of whether or not the user visiting your website has javascript enabled in their web browser since javascript runs on the client machine (the person viewing the website) and not on the server (where the web site is being hosted from)

I used to use tripod back in the day.
Little things like msn pages, myspace, etc.. I wouldn't consider those to be web hosts. 
Kirth
Participant

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 08:42:29 AM »

Every 'host' would allow JavaScript.  JS is a clientside happening.  That means the browser processes it (just like HTML pages and CSS stylesheets).

Things such as msn pages, google pages, myspace .. they aren't hosts, they're for people who don't know much better.

If you want to keep it free, I'd recommend trying 110mb.com .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.04s | Server load: 0.05 ]