ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Dialog Extender

Horizontal scrolling

(1/2) > >>

Miles:
Thanks for the review, Mouser. These are new to me.

I loathe the horizontal scrolling in the standard Open dialog box. Will one of these help get rid of it?

Thanks,

Miles

mouser:
great question.

all of ones marked as "expands dialog" will let you make the dialogs very wide, which will mostly solve your problem.

if i remember correctly, at least one of the programs has an option to remember the column widths, which would let you force the leftmost column to be not so wide, but i don't remember which :(

if you can find the one that best solves your particular problem let me know.

Miles:
Thanks Mouser,

I'll investigate further.

If not, maybe one of the developers would consider it as an enhancement.

Miles

mouser:
it's an excellent idea, and one of the tools might already support horizontal "autofit" .. i wish i hadn't uninstalled them all already; i'll have to remember to keep them installed for longer for questions like this.

you might be able to find the answer just by visiting the websites; look for something like autofit or column sizing.  and let us know what you find, please.  could be very useful if you have long filename.  (though if you just set the width of the dialog very large it should solve most of your problem).

mouser:
miles, as i was updating the review to reflect awarding of file-ex, i noticed that it is the program that has an option to remember columns widths - you might want to try it and see if it works for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version