ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DonationCoder.com - Complaints, Problems, and Rooms for Improvement

(1/12) > >>

mouser:
I thought in the interest of fair play we should start a thread where people can point out things they don't like about this site, and areas they would like to see improvement.

so have at it! and let's definitely keep this thread compliment-free -- it's meant for (hopefully constructive) criticism.

fenixproductions:
Everything on my mind... go! ;)

1. In-line images

The most annoying things are in-line images.

Clicking on thumbnail makes picture bigger but this almost destroys whole layout of the webpage or gives unpleasant need for horizontal scrolling.

Good solution for that would be to give additional tag for popping out images in new browsers window or some overlay.

Other way is to give overlay control box similar to Internet Explorer's one with few options like:
- full screen (overlay),
- save to disc,
- fit width.

Another thing: it is hard for me to save enlarged images to my HDD. Sometimes it appears that Opera saved thumbnail only. Nice idea would be to have additional link below for download attached image (or inside mentioned box).

2. Advertisement

I've mentioned this once and will do that again: web buttons for DonationCoder.com might be excellent idea.

Many websites offer additional images to be placed in users' signatures, so DC should create the set of these for various parts or events.

3. FARR screenshots page

Navigation through all images is a pain for me now. Please consider better gallery mode (JS lytebox or something similar) which will not reload whole page.

housetier:
Excellent! I finally can get this off my chest:

We should find a better forum software than SMF. Their code is apparently very very solid, but I do not like their license model.

rjbull:
Ability to permanently delete entries from the "Show new replies to your posts" list, for threads one is no longer interested in.

f0dder:
Excellent! I finally can get this off my chest:

We should find a better forum software than SMF. Their code is apparently very very solid, but I do not like their license model.
-housetier (January 16, 2009, 07:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Who gives a fsck about license model? It's a solid forum with good features, and it's had a very low amount of exploits compared to some of the other junk on the market - that is important.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version