ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Dialog Extender

PowerDesk Pro's Dialog Helper

<< < (3/6) > >>

Darwin:
A hex upon you Grorgy! Remind me NOT to ask you to be my sponsor if I ever need to join a 12 step programme. Sheesh! Why not make it legal and have your name changed to "Eve"?

Grorgy:
I think I'd rather be the serpent lol

Darwin:
Cool. Dialog Helper coexists nicely with Enhanced File Dialog ( :-* - my favourite dialog enhancer courtesy of Stardock's Object Desktop and I can "configure out" the redundancies. I like the ability to add File Previews. Also, the Edit Note feature is kind of nifty. It's a bit like tagging. This is certainly not going to replace with DOpus or XYplorer, but it's nice to have around.

Grorgy:
I must be doing something wrong with that stardock one, i never seem to see any difference whatever i do with it, maybe its like logitech and me, adds up to 666  :D

Darwin:
Enhanced File Dialog - go to your start menu and look for Stardock (or Object Desktop) and then look for the Enhanced File Dialog folder. You should be able to open up its interface and tweak it from there. The biggies are the shortcuts down the lefthand side (forget what it's called offhand) - you can do wonderful things there, and then it gives you the option to resize your dialogs, add various folders to parts of the dialog, etc. One thing to note, though, is that many of these extenders DO NOT WORK in MS Office. Best way to see if EFD is working is to open up, say, notepad and then hit ctrl-o... It's worth configuring. Personally, I think Stardock should release it as a standalone but I am assured that they will not. I think it's the best extender out there...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version