ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Using CLSIDs in Launch Bar Commander

(1/2) > >>

raybeere:
I wanted to set LBC up to open a few of the "special objects"; Control Panel (all my apps, not just the ones in the menu), Recycle Bin, My Computer, etc. So I had the idea of using the CLSIDs, as you can when creating a folder which you name, add a dot, then put in the CLSID in brackets. So I've tried adding the CLSID as a command, a folder, etc. and nothing works. So far, the best option I've found is to set up a folder somewhere else (I have a "hidden" spot I park links in anyway, for purposes just like this), create a shortcut to it, and add the shortcut to LBC as a command. This works fine, as far as it goes; it opens a special Explorer window with all the icons (I assume Recycle Bin will just open the Recycle Bin, but I haven't tried that out yet).

I was hoping to be able to set those objects up as a menu; obviously, I can do this manually by creating a menu and adding each object. The trouble is, then if my system changes (some program installs a new app in Control Panel or whatever) I'll have to add it manually. Yes, I can live with this: I'm not asking for the feature to be added if it doesn't exist. I suspect it would be far too much work for too little result. I am just tormented by the idea I'm just missing some simple trick of syntax that would make this work. :) So if anyone has worked out a way to use CLSIDs with LBC, please share how you do it. If not, I can live with a manual menu. I just hate wondering if I'm just missing what I want to do by leaving out a semi-colon or something.  :D

mouser:
correct my if i'm misunderstading, but can you do this:
create a folder somewhere
make windows shortcuts in that folder that point to all the control panel special objects
make a node in LBC that shows the contents of this folder

raybeere:
create a folder somewhere
make windows shortcuts in that folder that point to all the control panel special objects
make a node in LBC that shows the contents of this folder
-mouser (January 15, 2009, 11:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I can do that, but since it requires me to add shortcuts manually if any apps are added to the control panel, I was just wondering if I'm missing some obvious bit of syntax that would let me use the CLSID in LBC directly. As I say, it isn't a huge issue if I can't: I just hate to think it might be possible if I only tweaked the syntax I tried slightly.

mouser:
i havent figured out how to do CLSID directories directly though i'd like to.

raybeere:
Thanks. At least I know I'm not missing anything obvious. Yes, it would be nice, I certainly wouldn't mind if you do get it figured out, but it isn't a huge issue. It was just wondering if the program required some slight little tweak (I had an app once that would only run if you added the switches /foo /bar to the command line) to make it work that was driving me crazy. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version