Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 02, 2014, 09:21:11 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA: Upload a picture to image hosting service  (Read 3807 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 30, 2005, 10:35:19 AM »

im interested in a commandline tool that could upload an image file specified on the commandline to one of the image hosting services (like http://www.imageshack.us/) , and reports back the url to the uploaded file.

how i would use this:
i'd like to add it to screenshot captor tool menu.
skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 12:56:03 PM »

smiley I think wget --post-data=string should work. All that needs to be done is build the right post string from the <form></form> data on each site.

wget can be found at http://users.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget/

Skrommel

Please stop by my site at  1 Hour Software by skrommel  for downloads and more info.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 01:02:47 PM »

it shouldn't be too much harder than using wget, however the tool needs to check for the url returned by the image hosting service and report it (or copy it to clipboard), or display an error if upload was unsuccessful.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 01:27:27 PM by mouser » Logged
skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 01:54:09 PM »

tellme Wget should return a html file, which could be searched for the url or error message.

Skrommel

Please stop by my site at  1 Hour Software by skrommel  for downloads and more info.
brotherS
Master of Good Ideas
Honorary Member

To make a difference, be different.

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 11:47:11 AM »

@mouser: any news on this one?

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register