ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

7.7.7.0 Browser Hijack Virus

<< < (4/6) > >>

Edvard:
@f0dder: I just downloaded Foxit version 3 and confirmed app's fix.
If version 2.2 isn't bugging you and for all you know it doesn't do the javascript, you may be safe with it.
Also installed SumatraPDF to test for js capability and it has no way to set preferences, so who knows?

app103:
Also installed SumatraPDF to test for js capability and it has no way to set preferences, so who knows?
-Edvard (January 15, 2009, 10:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sumatra is pretty no-frills, so it's probably not likely that it even supports js.

Edvard:
If you do install Foxit 3, use the custom installation. In there, you can tell it whether to install the Firefox plugin.
If you use Firefox, it would probably be smart to say 'no' to that one...

f0dder:
Edvard: 2.2 has Javascript, but no option to turn it off. I like Sumatra because it doesn't have the insanely-slow-rendering-on-x64 that FoxIt (at least 2.2) has... but it's been too unstable for me, unfortunately. And yeah, definitely no browser plugins for me, I hate having various document types render in-browser.

app103:
This might be a good idea for anyone, whether they have plugins in their browser to view PDF files in-browser or not. One of my favorite browser plugins.

PDF Download

Available for both IE & Firefox, whenever you come across a pdf file, it asks you what to do with it.

options are:
1. view in browser
2. convert and view as html (much better than google's view as html option)
3. download

(it also turns web pages into pdf files, if you want, preserving links quite well)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version