ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

7.7.7.0 Browser Hijack Virus

<< < (2/6) > >>

Josh:
Or perhaps just admuncher + ......Nothing =  :-*

f0dder:
Whatever floats your boat - I'm personally not a fan of admuncher (probably works fine, but I only want adblocking in my browser, I don't like the idea of global winsock hooking). Besides, AM only blocks ads, right? You could get exploit-triggering outside of advertisement frames...

Edvard:
Apparently, javascript delivered via PDF is the prime suspect in this case. So that means if your pdf reader supports embedded js, it is a vulnerability.
App's post reveals that Foxit does indeed support javascript, so make sure you've got that turned off.

lol from a poster on WoW forums:
"Send it securely to every anti-virus company. The one that sends you a fix the fastest is your new anti-virus."

f0dder:
Apparently, javascript delivered via PDF is the prime suspect in this case. So that means if your pdf reader supports embedded js, it is a vulnerability.
App's post reveals that Foxit does indeed support javascript, so make sure you've got that turned off.-Edvard (January 15, 2009, 10:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
There's javascript and there's javascript - you don't necessarily need to expose filesystem writing capabilities to the scripting engine.

That said, I don't know how much functionality Foxit Reader exposes, so it could be that it's vulnerable, and it might as well be that it isn't.

app103:
That said, I don't know how much functionality Foxit Reader exposes, so it could be that it's vulnerable, and it might as well be that it isn't.
-f0dder (January 15, 2009, 10:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

But why take a chance? Can you see any reason NOT to turn it off?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version