ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

MOVE: Quick Serial Number Copy

(1/5) > >>

Carol Haynes:
I don't know about others here but I have a heck of a lot of software and small utilities that requires serial numbers to be entered when installing. Usually they are buried somewhere in an email or text file and it takes a long time to do a new system install because you spend so long opeing up files and looking for numbers.

How about a little tool that does this:

(1) Create a "serial file" for a new application. This is an empty file with the serial number as its file name (would have to be manually entered when you buy the product). A suitable extension could be added to allow ...

(2) Double click on a file with a suitable extension (eg. .SERIAL) opens the app. The app reads the file name and copies it to the clipboard for pasting into the application.

That way as you add software to your library each folder would contain a .SERIAL file with the serial number. All you need to do to use it is double click and the serial number is on the clipboard ready to paste.

As an extension it would also be nice is, if the serial is broken into sections, the serial file would open to a window with the bits of the serial number ready to COPY one by one. The window would remain on top until closed.

PhilKC:
How about:

A tray icon, Right Click>Serials>[The program you want]

And it would produce a small popup box with copiable text...

All the serials would have to be entered manually, but, is this the sort of application you're looking for?

PhilKC

mouser:
perhaps what would be nicer would be a hotkey based app which grabbed the process name of current window when hotkey was pressed, and searched for a serial number in some file based on the process/application name, and pasted it in.

PhilKC:
http://tanyvska.co.uk/DC
Have a play about with what I can only call a release candidate...
It's fully functional, but over the next day or so I'll be adding various 'User-friendly-ness' features...

PhilKC

skrommel:
 :) May I recoment one of my older tools?

AutoClip - Replaces text as you type with any formatted text, image or other clip.
Handy for instantly expanding your initials into your e-mail signature, with image and all.

It also sports a script section for sending macros, which easily supports sending serials.

You'll find the downloads and more info at Skrommel Software.

Skrommel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version