topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:25 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: 32X32 icons in start menu  (Read 5782 times)

Mamoun

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
32X32 icons in start menu
« on: October 26, 2007, 08:01 AM »
Hi,
My start menu is really messy, so I thought grouping programs by type in other menus would be very nice and easy to access, the only problem is that the original categories right after clicking all programs would have be very small with 16X16 icons, do I make any sense? :P, the question is: is there a hack that I can do to make them 32X32 icons? I have seen it in a screenshot so I think it's do-able.

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: 32X32 icons in start menu
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 08:19 AM »
I don't understand what you are looking for. You can change the size of the icons on the Start menu via its properties dialog. What are you wanting to do that is different than what it does?

[attach=#1][/attach]

Mamoun

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 07:10 PM »
Sorry for bringing this topic out of the dead but I have just noticed it now.

What I mean is having large 32x32 icons in the all programs menu of the start menu, when the all programs menu is categorized into groups (folders), a larger set of icons would make it a bit more easier to choose the group quickly, it's kinda like Ubuntu's (Gnome) programs menu.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 06:08 AM by Mamoun »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 09:34 PM »
I tried some 3rd party start menu programs for awhile.  Like Vista Start Menu. Also there's a freeware that categorizes your start menu.  Over time I had developed a folder on the desktop with 6 subfolders I used to categorize shortcuts.  What I ended up doing was putting this folder inside my Documents folder, so that there wouldn't even be an icon on my desktop. I used a custom icon for each subfolder so that I could recognize the category without a label.  Then I just dragged the 6 subfolders onto RocketDock.

One reason I went this far is I found out with VistaGlazz themes, no icon position restore programs worked.  Be that as it may, here's a screenshot of RocketDock with my subfoders in case you might find the idea interesting. The area indicated by the arrow span is the subfolders for shortcuts.  As it is I just used what was in the browser under customize icon, but one of these days I may use some Vista icons to make it look a bit better.

Clip.jpg
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 09:36 PM by MilesAhead »