topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:21 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How-To: Override Inline Styles from the Stylesheet  (Read 5148 times)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How-To: Override Inline Styles from the Stylesheet
« on: January 14, 2009, 07:43 AM »
If you have ever used a 3rd party offsite script in which something like a widget was inserted into your pages, and had no control over the inline styles it included and thought there was no way to fix it so it looked right on your pages, changing margins & padding, changing fonts or colors, backgrounds, etc., then read this. The answer is here.

You CAN force it to use YOUR styles and not the inline ones inserted by the script. And it's all done with your CSS.

You read that right. I said override inline styles, and no, I have not been drinking. For the longest time it has bugged me that there was no way to override what someone else had done with inline styles. I understand they’re supposed to be the override, and I get why, to a certain extent, but I also think there should be an override to certain overrides when those overrides are abused. Make sense?

raybeere

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: How-To: Override Inline Styles from the Stylesheet
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 05:24 PM »
Hey, thanks! That looks pretty useful. Something I've wanted to figure out how to do for a long time, at least.  :)