ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Microsoft Songsmith

<< < (2/7) > >>

mediaguycouk:
It it just me... or is that a macbook pro in the song?

Josh:
I will quote one of the truly great inspirations of our time in regards to this "ad":

Well guys, I'm going to go kill myself. If this is what's cool now, I no longer have any connection to this world. Good-bye friends-Cartman
--- End quote ---

Click spoiler for rest of skit
Spoilernext morning:

I thought you were going to kill yourself
-Kyle
--- End quote ---

I tried. Sat in the garage with my mom's car turned on.
-Cartman
--- End quote ---

And you didn't die?
-Stan
--- End quote ---

Friggin hybrids man, they just don't do the trick anymore
-Cartman
--- End quote ---

Ehtyar:
People seem to be mistaking criticism of the advert for criticism of the product...

Ehtyar.

nontroppo:
Poor microsoft can't get a break.. Video may be cheesy but the idea is nice.
-mouser (January 13, 2009, 12:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, the idea is nice, though the advert does highlight how much painful sonic drivel could be produced with it. :P Don't want to sound elitist though, everyone should have access to flexible tools.

Hah, just found a more cowbell edition of the advert jingle:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kVUIid2hT74

Songsmith is a real-time audio analyzer. http://www.morecowbell.dj uses an echonest analyze algorithm (similar tech) to add synced cowbell ala the infamous Saturday Night Live sketch. Double audio-analysis lovefest!  ;)

Deozaan:
Quick, somebody get me some crackers to go along with the cheese! :D

As for the product itself... well I'm a novice songwriter, and for me, I usually just suddenly get a tune in my head and if I can record it before I forget then maybe I'll expand it out into a song. But a number of my songs have been inspired by other tunes I've heard. I'll hear a couple of notes and the rest of the tune starts coming my way. So this application may be useful for someone like me. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version