ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Sandboxie license at 51% off - $14.14 (Jan 15 only)

<< < (3/4) > >>

patteo:
Sometime ago, I use to use Stumbleupon and decided to stop for a couple of reasons

1. It was addictive
2. It was potentially unsafe - I was wondering if you could stumble upon a malware infected site.

So Sandboxie may actually remove reason 2.

But ha ha, that still leaves Reason 1 unresolved other than through discipline.

Just wondering, if I had IE or Firefox running in Sandboxie and then saved a few bookmarks to Firefox or a 3rd party program like PowerFavourites (either through a button on IE  or Firefox or a Rightclick context menu selection), would closing the Sandboxie make me lose the save bookmarks in say Powerfavourites (which is not Sandboxed) or Firefox favourites.

MerleOne:
No, favorites or changed data is not lost until you clear the sandboxie your were using.  And you can recover *any* file created during the sandboxie session.  You can't easily, however, recover registry keys, which can be sometimes useful.

patteo:
No, favorites or changed data is not lost until you clear the sandboxie your were using.  And you can recover *any* file created during the sandboxie session.  You can't easily, however, recover registry keys, which can be sometimes useful.
-MerleOne (October 15, 2009, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

So am I correct to say that any updates to PowerFavourites (the NON sandboxed program) capturing a url say this current thread from Firefox (the Sandboxed program) will be lost when I clear the Sandboxie Firefox session ?

MerleOne:
I am sure sure I 100% follow :
If the app you are using to capture (create) a favorite is launched within a sandbox and you don't extract it specifically, it will get lost when you clear the sandbox
If the App is non sandboxed (=run outside the sandbox, as a regular app), then it will stay.

edbro:
Just a reminder; if you planning on getting Win 7 x64, Sandboxie is not compatible with 64 bit operating systems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version