ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How does one keep multiple computers sync?

(1/2) > >>

techidave:
Since I work in multiple locations on a daily basis with each location having its own desktop computer.  I also have a home desktop and laptop plus a work laptop.  I like to have the same programs, (FARR and some other AHK stuff), firefox extensions plus any other downloads I deem important.

Its driving me crazy  :wallbash:

The easiest answer I fear would be to reduce the number of computers but I do like not lugging the laptop plus the desktops are more customizable as far as hardware goes.  I do have the capabilities to switch my work laptop to one that uses a docking station and put the dock in each building.  This would also allow me to have 2 monitors in all 3 places instead of just one.

Hmmmm, did I just answer my own question?  :-[

P.S.  I thought I posted this a few minutes ago but could never find any sign of a post.

Fred Nerd:
I remember reading an article on something called Briefcase which is part of windows hidden somewhere. Basically it syncs all listed files to a portable drive, then resyncs then to the next computer you plug it into.

Sounds like what you want IF you can fit it all on a flash drive

tomos:
havent read this (dc) thread lately but it *is* recent and may help you
Do you keep two computers synchronized? i.e. work + home. If so, how?

techidave:
not sure how I missed that thread tomos.  I did search the forum here but probably didn't use the right words.  It has lots of links to check out.

Fred, i had forgotten about briefcase.  Thanks for the reminder but I am not sure it will apply here.

tomos:
not sure how I missed that thread tomos.  I did search the forum here but probably didn't use the right words.  It has lots of links to check out.
-techidave (January 12, 2009, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I knew it was there ;) but couldnt find it with synching but did find it with synch, cest la vie sometimes :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version