topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:30 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: no VirtualBox ???  (Read 6461 times)

sp3ktre

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
no VirtualBox ???
« on: January 11, 2009, 05:00 PM »
I've been using VirtualBox from Sun and using it with Ubuntu. I had only a couple of guest: WinXP and Win98, but they work just fine. Well, maybe not Win98, which runs slower then WinXP. I can't understand it why u haven't included VirtualBox in your review...

On the same pc but another hardisk, I have WinXP running VirtualPC with only Win98 (which runs faster than in VirtualBox) that I used mainly to run old games and apps which are not supported by new Windows OSes like WinXP.

Overall, I would use VirtualBox exclusively if it runs Win98 as fast as WinXP. It makes you think with an almost the same specs you specify -- 521 Mb RAM, 128 Mb video RAM, HD space, etc.. -- you'd expect Win98 to behave like a Ferrari, but instead you get a Model T.

Ehtyar

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: no VirtualBox ???
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 05:08 PM »
Shame on you Mouse Man!!
If I have a spare lunch this week I'll poke around for a few comparisons or reviews.

Ehtyar.

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: no VirtualBox ???
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 11:15 AM »
The DonationCoder review was done in 2005 and the first public release of VirtualBox was in 2007, so I guess we will have to blame the lack of time machines :mrgreen:.