topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:16 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: StarBurn 11 on GiveawayoftheDay today (Jan 11 2009)  (Read 8512 times)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
StarBurn 11 on GiveawayoftheDay today (Jan 11 2009)
« on: January 11, 2009, 10:13 AM »
Starburn is back on GiveawayoftheDay. It receives strong ratings on the Giveaway forum and has been discussed on DC in the past, particularly after StarBurnShark 9.5 was given away this time last year.

So, just a quick note to let everyone know that it's available and to solicit updated experiences from anyone who has used it in the past (or, obviously, who is using it in the present)!

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: StarBurn 11 on GiveawayoftheDay today (Jan 11 2009)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 10:44 AM »
I got Starburn last time it was on GAOTD. I have lots of burning software, but tend to use Starburn a lot. Not that I do anything esoteric though.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 10:52 AM »
Thanks, Dormouse  :Thmbsup: Just the kind of info that I was looking for... Of cousre, I am in the same boat that I was in a year ago - I already have CD/DVD burning solutions (Ashampoo Burning Studio 8): do I REALLY need this? No... but I'll probably spend all day dithering about it anyway  :o

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 11:21 AM »
I got StarBurn last time and it didn't meet my expectations so I got rid of it. Lately I'm more than happy with ImgBurn.

yksyks

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 11:45 AM »
Just installed. Could someone help me? I can't find any way to simply copy any media, except building an image manually first. Is it me?

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 11:55 AM »
Thanks, deozaan. That does it - on with my life and the day. No more fretting about whether to install this or not  ;D

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 07:38 PM »
Fretting?  :huh: I certainly wouldn't spend any seconds fretting about whether to install something from GAOTD. 

Starburn is wizard driven, with big buttons and lots of functions (grabbing, decrypting, shrinking, burning). More functions than many progs; works OK. You probably don't need it if you have Burning Studio. You very easily may not like its interface; it's the antithesis of techie, but there is an 'Expert mode' with extra settings.

Does more than ImgBurn.

I'm not saying anyone should try it. I have a lot of burning progs and could probably get by with any one of them. They all work a bit differently and I just use the one I fancy at the time.

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 07:40 PM »
Just installed. Could someone help me? I can't find any way to simply copy any media, except building an image manually first. Is it me?

No, I think it basically works through ISOs. If you just want to copy, you would need to do that separately - but surely you would use an explorer for that anyway.

BCHOWDHURY

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 04:11 AM »
StarBurn Professional costs a mere $9. Can anyone explain, why?

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 09:51 AM »
StarBurn Professional costs a mere $9. Can anyone explain, why?

One thing differentiates it from StarBurn Free (support level) and two from StarBurn Enterprise (support level and Recording to remote CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD burner over TCP/IP), which is $49. The level of support, and presumably the number of ways in which you can contact support, increases with each version - the free version is free and comes with Silver support, Professional is $9 and comes with Gold support, and Enterprise is $49 and comes with Platinum support. The Enterprise version was featured on GAOTD a few days ago.