topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:27 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DC Site Idea: Encourage donors to buy a programming book for a dc coder  (Read 4136 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I was talking with dc member ewemoa and was thinking that maybe it would be nice to get the programmers who hang out at dc to get together their amazon.com book wishlists, and encourage potential donors to contribute/join the dc site by buying one of these books for a coder.

It seems to me that is as good a way of helping the site as any (by helping a coder who helps the site), and may be a method of donating that some people find safer and more rewarding.

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
And maybe we could buy these books at a local bookstore too. Amazon's big enough without our help.

Maybe we could even strike a deal and get discounts through the DC discount program we have for software?

I like this idea, because I think books are easier to read than online tutorials.

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I like this idea.  :) It is a good way to encourage new/existing programmers at DC. We've to check Barnes and Noble and other similar site for this concept. Why not setup feature within DC that direct to webapp for making it possible to donors to help buy DC coder a book from his/her book wish list?