ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What may you be missing?

<< < (6/6)

app103:
But as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

and sometimes the frame around the painting is important.

A sheet of paper with a child's finger painting, held to a wall with scotch tape will never be appreciated by the masses* as much as that same finger painting in a fancy frame.

*parents always appreciate it more than strangers

f0dder:
A sheet of paper with a child's finger painting, held to a wall with scotch tape will never be appreciated by the masses* as much as that same finger painting in a fancy frame.

*parents always appreciate it more than strangers
-app103 (January 15, 2009, 03:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's wonderful, app :) - I bet they wouldn't even have considered putting the stuff on display if they'd known the artist's age beforehand.

I do prefer frames to scotch tape, but that's as much to do with visual representation as well, as keeping the painting in good shape. Couldn't care less who made something if I enjoy looking at it, though.

app103:
There is also the issues with herd mentality and the psychological effects of one's current surroundings at play.

Would the crowd have behaved differently if there had been a staged group of people surrounding him, seeming like they were enjoying the music? Would that have encouraged more to stop and listen? Perhaps there were many that would have stopped but since nobody else did, they didn't either. They were following crowd behavior.

Curt:
...I'll opt for a jerkier perspective.
-Paul Keith (January 15, 2009, 02:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D

Music, without the right marketing or the wrong passion, is just...sound
-Paul Keith (January 15, 2009, 02:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

- ehh... shouldn't that be "without passion" or "with the wrong passion"?

---

I believe God gave us music to express feelings (passions) rather than clever thoughts.

Paul Keith:
Curt, the wrong passion. Guys like the example above couldn't get where they are if they didn't have passion but passion manifested the wrong way is like a poor man in his attempt to both cut down practice time as well as get listener feedback played heavy metal on an urban environment at the crack of midnight where everyone just wanted to get some rest.

With the right amount of luck, he would still get enough listener feedback or even get a party started which would motivate him further to practice and hone his skills.

But,

the most likely thing is that he'll get neighbors shouting at him to go to sleep.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version