topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: URL Snooper under Ubuntu  (Read 6060 times)

garwal

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
URL Snooper under Ubuntu
« on: January 09, 2009, 02:28 PM »
Hello all,
new here and want to wish all a Great New Year.
I am a big fan of listing to radio over the net and have had some problems finding the url's for some stations so I decited to try url snooper, I am using Unbuntu 8.1 so I have installed Wine and then installed url snooper using wine. The program opens and appears to run but then I hit the wall. When I try to set the Network Adapter there is nothing there and the auto determine just sits there and never finds anything. The sniffing engine driver is WinPcap and it appears to be working. I am stuck folks any help you might offer would be much appreciated. I am shocked there is not a native tooll for linux to do url snooping and if there is I will thank you for pointing it out as I have spent two days looking for one.
Thanks All
Gary

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: URL Snooper under Ubuntu
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 03:25 PM »
A completely different solution: maybe you find your stations on http://filtermusic.net/ where you get direct links to the streams. Radios are sorted by genre.