ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Idea for Incredibly Helpful Feature

<< < (2/3) > >>

ewemoa:
FWIW, I think there are a number of portable file association apps in the works elsewhere (sorry I don't have a list handy, but FWIW, last time I checked none seemed ready enough for my own use) -- I've been waiting for this kind of functionality too.

As for the drive letter issue, I can relate, but I don't have a really good solution worked out for that.  The closest thing I have working w/ FARR at the moment is the use of FARR's user variables to factor out the drive letter from my portable app paths.  I only need to change one variable instead of many, but that can be still a pain.

mouser:
ewe's Akete plugin is a perfect solution for what you are asking as far as i can tell..

it seems like all you really need is the drive letter replacement thing.

there are a couple of solutions:

1) FARR has built in code to resolve changed drive letters, so that if you refer to:
X:\Programs\Notepad.exe and it doesn't find it on X it should try C:\Programs\Notepad.exe then D:\ etc.
If thats not working then i can try to find out why not.

2) I can certainly easily add a replacemnt that will expand to the drive that farr is running on.. like have it automatically change every $:\ to the drive letter that FARR is running on.

ewemoa:
2) I can certainly easily add a replacemnt that will expand to the drive that farr is running on.. like have it automatically change every $:\ to the drive letter that FARR is running on.
-mouser (January 10, 2009, 12:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
This type of functionality sounds pretty interesting to me :)

mouser:
after checking the source code.. i think maybe #1 (farr autochecking other drives to work with portable drives that change letters).. i may have been mistaken.. i may have added that feature to my Launchbar Commander tool, and not farr.

i will add both features in the next version, that should solve the problem.

czb:
Toggling on/off associations could be easily done via my Settings system:
http://czb.dcmembers.com/help/FARR#Settings
ewemoa:
If you needed some help with implementation and would like to use Settings object, let me know and I will help you with that.

EDIT: Oh I see Akete does not use FSubScript engine. Still you might be able to use
http://czb.dcmembers.com/help/FARR#settings but you will not be able to use onLoad function which might be crucial

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version