topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:28 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: READ THIS FIRST: Welcome to Coding Snacks - Instructions  (Read 15754 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Welcome to the new Coding Snacks section of the forum!

The idea of this section is for users to try to come up with ideas for very simple programs that can be coded in a few hours, and have these ideas implemented by coders.  Ideas can be silly, useless, whatever, as long as they are interesting in some way and won't take more than a few hours to code.

You may post ideas at any time, and coders may implement these ideas at any time, but we will be devoting a few days at the end of each month to Coding Snack Days where we will draw attention to and really focus on submissions.

So, if you have an idea for a tiny app, please post it on its own thread, where others can help you clarify and refine it and determine whether it can be coded in a short amount of time, and if not, how it could be modified, and start your thread Subject with IDEA:
Please be specific, list urls to similar programs that already exist and how what you want is different.

Note: this is not a competition to see what programmer can do the best job of coding a request!  Rather, the aim is to implement lots of fun, silly, quick ideas for programs.  So I encourage coders to work on requests that no other coder is working on, rather than have 10 coders implementing duplicate things.  There are no special requirements for coders - any visitor to the forum who has some programming experience is welcome to join in.

See subsequent posts for more information on submitting finished programs.

And remember, post each idea on its own thread.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 12:52 AM by mouser »

Stoney43

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: READ THIS FIRST: Welcome to Coding Snacks - Instructions
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 01:52 PM »
I'm blown away with all the skill evident here. I'm not a programmer so I don't know if this is even possible.
  I use Vista, when I use (view/choose details) I am presented with tons of choices, I may want (type, for example)
 then I check the box next to the detail and highlite it then move the selected item up, one click at a time. Is there a way to make  the selected item move to the top of the details list or better to the bottom of the details already listed
more quickly than one click at a time?
                                                                 Thanks, Stoney43

Nzyme

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 08:13 AM »
How are the users who have registered on the forum submit new threads or new topic???
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 08:32 AM by Nzyme, Reason: Unable to submit new thread or topic »

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 08:35 AM »
Hi, Nzyme, and welcome to the site.  If you want to submit a new Coding Snack request, just start a new topic here:

https://www.donation...index.php?board=71.0

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 08:41 AM »
And once you are in a new section, the button to start a new topic is in the upper right, and says "New Topic".

Nzyme

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 08:50 PM »
Thanks mouser... Its a tiny little button though  :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 01:35 PM »
I have modified it now to show bold and to show on not just forum section pages but on all threads.