ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

IDEA: the block me (when you are your own worst enemy)

<< < (2/2)

jgpaiva:
It's called "my wife"
-timns (February 04, 2009, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
(Obvious question) Where did you subscribe to that service? Is there a monthly fee? :P

(just kidding ;) )

nudone:
so, the question is, how do i get your wife to provide the same service for me? (or even how do you get your wife to provide the same service for me?)

edit:
whoops, just reailsed that's the same as jgpaiva's question - i guess we all need to know.

timns:
Get her your phone number and credit card.  :Thmbsup:

Although she'd be happy to help - she's a huge Cody / Twiggles / Cobbe fan and the thought of any of your work drying up would be enough incentive for her. It's just the commute that presents a problem.

SKesselman:
just like using a personal trainer in the 'real' world. you could even pay for the service. a 'remote monitor person' could be viewing several desktops at a time - thereby keeping the costs down for each individual paying for the service.

if the 'trainee' simply decided not to turn the remote desktop application on then they still have to pay for the service - again, just like in the 'real' world if you hire a personal trainer.
-nudone (February 04, 2009, 10:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

How about small monthly fee for the monitoring service, PLUS a pay-per-use fee whenever the service needs to stop any of your processes!  ;D

MilesAhead:
I work from home most of the time nowadays, and I have a similar service to this already which has proven to be extremely effective.

It's called "my wife"

-timns (February 04, 2009, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh. I was going to suggest calling it MILB for Mother In Law Browser.  As soon as you try to go on a forbidden page, a video pops up with MIL giving the usual diatribe. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version