topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:18 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Special Edition Newsletter for January 9th, 2009 - Codename "NANY APPS"  (Read 15439 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Special Edition Newsletter for January 9th, 2009
Codename "NANY APPS"

"If you read nothing else on our site, read our blog!"
(new rss feed with images)

This is a special edition of the DonationCoder.com newsletter, focusing  entirely on the results of our recent programming event: N.A.N.Y.

Each year at DonationCoder.com we encourage the programmers who hang  out on our site to release a new program on January 1st, to welcome  in the new year.  We call this the N.A.N.Y. challenge (New Apps for  the New Year).

2009 has set a new standard for the DonationCoder NANY Challenge, both  in quality and quantity of Released Applications. This year we had 44 coders of varying degrees of experience pledge to  release a New Application for the New Year and by January 1st we had a  whopping 35 New Applications posted on the NANY 2009 Forum.

Now the real fun begins: all the applications are free to use, and the  forum is a great place to offer feature requests or report issues.  Many of the Applications are just the start of something bigger and  will be developed further, so it is also a good place to keep up with  their development.

Congratulations to all the NANY 2009 Challenge Entrants! You've helped  to make the NANY 2009 a great success.

Below you will find summary descriptions of each of the released programs,  in their author's own words.

And please, consider making a donation to our site and sending some  credits to these authors to show support for their efforts.

To read more about, download, and comment on the new programs, visit:

Thanks again to everyone who helped make this event so much fun.  :up: :up: :up:

And a very special thanks to Perry Mowbray for doing a stupendous job organizing this year's event -- it would not have been possible without him.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 10:12 AM by mouser »

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for taking this on, Perry, and for the roundup that you posted. I had no idea that there were so many entries and of such high quality. I would have remained blissfully ignorant without your efforts!

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I wanted to take part as well but time didn't allow. However, I am glad to be part of this superawesome community! You guys are truly marvelous  :Thmbsup:

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
this is a fantastic achievement. i must set aside some time to try out these wonderful apps. :)