ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Older Newsletters

Special Edition Newsletter for January 9th, 2009 - Codename "NANY APPS"

(1/1)

mouser:
Special Edition Newsletter for January 9th, 2009Codename "NANY APPS"

"If you read nothing else on our site, read our blog!"
(new rss feed with images)

This is a special edition of the DonationCoder.com newsletter, focusing  entirely on the results of our recent programming event: N.A.N.Y.

Each year at DonationCoder.com we encourage the programmers who hang  out on our site to release a new program on January 1st, to welcome  in the new year.  We call this the N.A.N.Y. challenge (New Apps for  the New Year).

2009 has set a new standard for the DonationCoder NANY Challenge, both  in quality and quantity of Released Applications. This year we had 44 coders of varying degrees of experience pledge to  release a New Application for the New Year and by January 1st we had a  whopping 35 New Applications posted on the NANY 2009 Forum.

Now the real fun begins: all the applications are free to use, and the  forum is a great place to offer feature requests or report issues.  Many of the Applications are just the start of something bigger and  will be developed further, so it is also a good place to keep up with  their development.

Congratulations to all the NANY 2009 Challenge Entrants! You've helped  to make the NANY 2009 a great success.

Below you will find summary descriptions of each of the released programs,  in their author's own words.

And please, consider making a donation to our site and sending some  credits to these authors to show support for their efforts.

To read more about, download, and comment on the new programs, visit:

* http://nany2009.donationcoder.com
Thanks again to everyone who helped make this event so much fun.  :up: :up: :up:

And a very special thanks to Perry Mowbray for doing a stupendous job organizing this year's event -- it would not have been possible without him.

Darwin:
Thanks for taking this on, Perry, and for the roundup that you posted. I had no idea that there were so many entries and of such high quality. I would have remained blissfully ignorant without your efforts!

housetier:
I wanted to take part as well but time didn't allow. However, I am glad to be part of this superawesome community! You guys are truly marvelous  :Thmbsup:

lanux128:
this is a fantastic achievement. i must set aside some time to try out these wonderful apps. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version