ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea: Create shortcut location chooser

<< < (3/4) > >>

beslam:
I also resolve myself the problem  ;D
For my problem, I changed the Path of CreateShortcutThere.exe to simplify it because when I copied the value data I founded in the Registry in the Run box (Win+R) I got a message box explaining the path cannot be found thus I simply changed to "C:" to make it simplier as possible and it works :P
I still thanx everyone  ;)
Ciao

Contro:
I have xp sp3 and CreateShortCutThere with no problem at all.

laffin_boy:
Hi,

"Create Shortcut There" is one of my "must have" apps. I use it 10 times a week! But (and there's always a "but" isn't there!) every time I use it i'm reminded of the one change that would make it perfect:

When we open the "Browse for Folder" window it opens to the location that holds the file that we want to create a shortcut from - which is the least likely location to be our target folder. If, instead, it opened to the last used target location it would save a lot of maneuvering in that window. IE: 95% of the time i'm wanting to create a shortcut in my StartMenu (C:\D&S\AllUsers\StartMenu) from my app folder on the F: partition.

Any way to do this?

Thanks for your great apps!!

laffin_boy

skwire:
Give this a try: CreateShortcutThereMod.zip

Rename your current CreateShortcutThere.exe and replace it with this one.

laffin_boy:
Give this a try: <snip>-skwire (March 24, 2011, 02:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Works perfectly! Thanks so much! 
(one small step closer to computing prefection..    :-*)

laffin_boy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version