ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea: Create shortcut location chooser

<< < (2/4) > >>

skrommel:
 :tellme: @lanux128: I don't feel like having a separate window popping up after the choose a target folder window has closed...
Maybe I could open the target folder? Or I'll look into embedding an explorer window into a gui for more options.

Skrommel

lanux128:
yes, an option to open the target folder would be useful.. maybe this option could be a checkbox placed on the 'install to context menu' window.. :)

mohaqeq:
Hi,

I just installed CreateShortcutThere as an AutoHotKey script, but it doesn't seem to be working right.  I downloaded the .ahk script and double-clicked it.  It opened a dialogue box querying whether I wanted to install the context menu item, and I said yes.  Now when I right click on a file the "CreateShortcutThere ..." option is available but clicking it opens the "Open With" dialog box to "Choose the program you want to use to open this file".  Shouldn't it open a dialog box for choosing the location of the shortcut?!!

Thanks

mohaqeq:
I guess I've answered myself.  I searched in the registry for "createshortcut" & noticed that the "command" subentry had as "Data" a .exe which I hadn't downloaded; I'd only downloaded the .ahk script.  So I placed the .exe in the same directory as the .ahk & it works.  But I'm confused.  I thought w/ these 1-hour softwares you typically have a choice of running them via .ahk or .exe.  Apparently, the .ahk is not self-sufficient in this case.  But this isn't explained at the download page.

beslam:
Hello,
I've downloaded CreateShotcutThere.exe and directly installed but I 've experienced the same problem as you had : when I click on the context menu CreateShortcutThere... Entry, it is the "Open With" box who appears  :huh:?! I've thus downloaded the AutoHotKey compiler, installed also and put the .ahk and the .exe in the same directory as the compiler but It always doesn't work :wallbash: . I'm working on XP PRO SP3.
Could you (or someone else) help me about this, please ?
Thanx.
^-^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version