ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

windows 7 beta available for free Jan 9 (!)

<< < (25/33) > >>

MrCrispy:
I guess that partition is some kind of "recovery partition" like what HP, Dell, etc. put on their computers. 200mb seems a bit small for recovery, but at least it's small enough that I can just ignore it.

I saw some page that had instructions to prevent that partition from being created. I didn't read it very carefully, but it looked like the main idea was to partition/format the HDD before installing Windows 7.
-Hirudin (January 11, 2009, 04:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that 200MB is the Windows recovery partition. It lets you run the recovery console without needing the Windows dvd. If you install on a system which is already partitioned, then the recovery files are placed in c:\Srd instead.

MrCrispy:
This is what the recovery environment looks like -

http://www.aeroxp.org/2008/12/windows-7-error-recovery-actually-works/

f0dder:
Are you sure it has anything to do with recovery? It sure doesn't look that way to me...

app103:
Just lacks transparency and there are none of the magic preview-thumbnails in the taskbar.
-Carol Haynes (January 11, 2009, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am not sure if TaskbarEx will work with Win7, but if it does, you got thumbnails if you want them (and you can adjust size & quality to get best performance)

mediaguycouk:
I've just bought VM Ware, but I found this out about it

VM Ware Player = Plays virtual PCs but cannot make virtual hard drives
VM Ware Workstation = 30 day trial, after 30 days cannot play virtual PCs

Both together = Create hard drive in VM Workstation (even once the trial has expired) and then turn it on in VM Player

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version