ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

windows 7 beta available for free Jan 9 (!)

<< < (22/33) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Crap! So much for my cunning plan to run the 64-bit version in a Virtual PC (note to self: RTFM before downloading the iso!).

Looks like I'll have to install to an extra harddrive afterall...
-Darwin (January 11, 2009, 10:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can install it in a VM - it is just Aero doesn't work so the TaskBar look clunky (though it still works)

Eóin:
Interesting, my Vista (1st drive) didn't show up either. A part me just put it down to a purposeful decision by MS to prevent 7 messing up another installation without you expressly allowing access to it. But I have no backing for that, just a hunch.

Darwin:
Crap! So much for my cunning plan to run the 64-bit version in a Virtual PC (note to self: RTFM before downloading the iso!).

Looks like I'll have to install to an extra harddrive afterall...
-Darwin (January 11, 2009, 10:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can install it in a VM - it is just Aero doesn't work so the TaskBar look clunky (though it still works)
-Carol Haynes (January 11, 2009, 11:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but I'll need to download the 32-bit version to run it in most of the VM solutions available and, AFAICT, in any of the free/cheap options.

So, I could run it in VM but I'll need to download the 32-bit iso. No big deal, I'm just not sure I can be bothered at the moment.

Eóin:
Yes, but I'll need to download the 32-bit version to run it in most of the VM solutions available and, AFAICT, in any of the free/cheap options.-Darwin (January 11, 2009, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not necessarily so, VirtualBox now supports 64bit guests if you have VT-x or AMD-V.

40hz:
2Deozaan
How does it look like without whole fancy-glassy Aero stuff? Is it possible to disable theming service?
-fenixproductions (January 10, 2009, 10:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Looks pretty good to me. Especially since it can't run Aero with my test machine's onboard video. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version