ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

windows 7 beta available for free Jan 9 (!)

<< < (18/33) > >>

nontroppo:
IMHO: The "new look" is functional but boring with a capital B. (What is this fetish with baby-blue lately?) The best I can say about it is that I like it better than Vista.
--- End quote ---

Indeed I ***hate*** that namby-pamby squealing-boy-sprog blue that MS seems so fond of (which has plagued Windows in one form or another since Win 9x IIRC, it just spread in quantity in Win 7...). Oh, and on visual rants, MS still hasn't sorted out fit-and-finish with the window border, there is still a fugly 1px cyan border on the right+bottom of windows, a cheap fake transmitted light effect that fails miserably. And why still have that obese 4px window padding!!!. OS X (graphite) still wins fit-and-finish by a long run for me.

cmpm:
http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/archive/2009/01/10/here-s-where-we-stand.aspx

MS seems surprised at the demand-THE DEMANDS- for Windows 7. That we expect improvements in performance and quality and stability from this product.

After so many getting disappointed by Vista, wtf do they think the demands will be?

Eóin:
Maybe just me but I've always liked the blue, sure beats ubuntu brown :D

40hz:
Maybe just me but I've always liked the blue, sure beats ubuntu brown :D
-Eóin (January 10, 2009, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's not just you.

I use Ubuntu.

Anything beats Ubuntu brown. ;D

Ehtyar:
I liked the XP blue, i HATED the Vista blue (if indeed it was blue), and I'm loving the Windows 7 blue.
'Course I still have bliss on my desktop (not that i see it very often ;)).

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version