ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Fast Dial Warning for FF

<< < (2/5) > >>

J-Mac:
OK - I see what he did with the search engine. He added the site "User Logos" to the search locations. The Firefox search bar allows you to add more search engines. The one he added was to get logos for sites added to Fast Dial that don’t have a favicon associated. Though he did not make that search location the default, he just added it as a location. No harm, but he should have asked!

Jim

cmpm:
Yes, true, Mozilla is not at fault here.
Clearly it's the add on developer.
Perhaps this will wake them up, and the rest.
If this kind of thing be offered or considered by others.

I've had my FF set to notify of updates.
But not to auto install them.
Although usually I'll update.
Maybe I'll wait a few days and check their forums.
And other sources that I can find as well.

Most have been compatibility updates.
But this news makes updating a real task now.

J-Mac:
The extension Speed Dial is comparable and has no such pitfalls AFAICT.

Jim

Deozaan:
I downloaded this through the automatic update and then I realized it broke everything I liked about it, so I also made the switch to Speed Dial.

It's a pity, since I'd been very happy with Fast Dial for quite a number of months until these past two updates that occurred within days of each other.

J-Mac:
I downloaded this through the automatic update and then I realized it broke everything I liked about it, so I also made the switch to Speed Dial.

It's a pity, since I'd been very happy with Fast Dial for quite a number of months until these past two updates that occurred within days of each other.
-Deozaan (January 10, 2009, 10:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Trust no one, Scully!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version