ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sound Recorder freeware - anyone?

<< < (2/5) > >>

tomos:
Also, J River Media Center (god I hate that name) and it's free counterpart, Media Jukebox, (much better name) has really grown on me lately, and since it burns CDs I have a feeling that if I were to ever burn a music CD (as audio or as files) I'd probably just use Media Center. Media Center (not Jukebox) has a "portable install" option, but it hasn't worked for me after multiple tries  :down:.

I think Media Jukebox is the perfect "give to mom" program for audio, in fact I just gave it to my mom over thanksgiving weekend...
-Hirudin (December 04, 2008, 03:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

I used Media Jukebox to make a audio CD compilation lately (dying art that !)
That it was the first time I ever used/worked with mp3's (I mean I've done absolutely nothing to do with music on pc) , I can say it was *easy* to use

re portability see quote

Carol Haynes:
Thanks Tomos - for a media centre approach it is probably just as easy to use Windows Media Player isn't it?

PhilB66:
Burrrn (to run it portable, install then copy all files but uninstall.exe to any new folder. Uninstall the program)

Your fav' audio CD burner?

Carol Haynes:
Burrrn looks nice and simple but does need installing.

I am looking at InfraRecord Portable - which looks useful.

I was tempted by ImgBurn in potable mode but it is a bit on the geeky side ... though it does give some control on gaps between tracks and CD Text etc.!

40hz:
I'm a fan of Totally Free Burner. It's simple and works extremely well. It can also burn ISOs.

http://dandans.com/TotallyFreeBurner.htm

Here's how to make it portable:

http://www.pendriveapps.com/totally-free-burner-portable-cd-dvd-iso-burner/

It's a tiny bit of a hassle, but once you've done the extraction step, the resulting application folder can just be copied and redistributed. It's only 2.5 mbytes.

8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version