ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Root of Game Piracy

<< < (3/3)

mikiem:
With apologies for slightly changing the subject, since so many developers/coders frequent donation coder, I thought you might find the comments at giveawayoftheday.com interesting, & worth checking out... Basically they give away a license for a different program every day, & the users/visitors leave their blog comments. Since the software is free, I find many of the critiques quite amazing... it presents a look into the user mindset you probably wouldn't see elsewhere. And the user mindset is IMHO what this thread, & the original blog it's based on, are all about.

Paul Keith:
Sorry, for necro-posting on this thread. I thought you might want to know that the person being talked here has been accused of spamming the comment threads of Piratebay torrents of his games.

I can't verify if it's really him but certainly one of the users is using his name Cliffski however there were enough people who remarked how there are other spam accounts that seem to be exclusive to his torrents where people intentionally say the torrent is a fake. Not saying it's him doing this but there are strong implications.

Of course I have my own opinions of software piracy but I'm not sure if it's wise to bring this up on an old thread. I just thought I'd update you guys on this issue.

Note that I don't have screenshot of the incident and I think Piratebay has removed his comments but if you search for the highly seeded torrents of his games, you'll still read some people complaining about the actions of the "Cliffski" person.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version