ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

New Ipod/ cleaning mp3s

<< < (3/4) > >>

Fred Nerd:
Because I want to be able to delete files when they are not meant to be on there without having to plug it into my computer.......

And a whole lot of other things that are missing.

A decent search feature from WITHIN a playlist. Make auto playlists from rules (e.g. all songs except those tagged with "too slow for at work")
And a tag on the fly system to go with it.

And lots more.

As I pointed out before: if my cheap digital camera can edit photos and videos on the fly, and reorder folders, etc; why can't the industry leading music player have any portable functionality at all?????????

The answer is a lemon an apple... >:(

Fred Nerd:
Rockbox is on the right track, but I still want features which don't exist.

Since even PC based media players never do what I want, I suppose I can't complain about iPod.

Does anyone else out there ever want features such as:
Some tracks listed as 'not to be played unless specified' (e.g. all the comedy tracks/outtakes etc)
The rest is a playlist which can be sorted by artist or album or shuffled at will.
Tracks can be found by searching or via artist/album/song, and after they play, it continues to the rest of the playlist.
1 or 2 tracks can be queued to play next, then resume the playlist......

I just want it to be always playing music, I don't want it to play some things unless specified, and I want to be able to play the song I want at the moment, then not have to go back to the original playlist when it stops after one song.

I've got many thousand songs here, so I don't really want to have to add all to a playlist, or scroll through them all just to find one particular one.

Maybe I'll have to write it myself. <pulls out Python for beginners and turns to page 1>

kyrathaba:
I use Sharepod with my ipod Shuffle, and have been very pleased with its simplicity and ease of use.

xtabber:
You can rip your CDs with another program and insert the metadata (including album covers), then import the MP3 files into iTunes. My favorite program for ripping and converting is Easy CD-DA Extractor from Poikosoft (http://www.poikosoft.com/ - 25 euros). If you are concerned about the quality of the MP3 files, Easy CD-DA or the free EAC ripper are both superior to iTunes anyway.

Fred Nerd:
I'll have to look into that, I would like the best quality practical, and I still want them in a common format to make them transferable/shareable. Any recommendations for settings/ format?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version