ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Please don't let me wrack my brain again: annotating Helpfiles in htm format

(1/1)

patteo:
When I learn a new program, I often find myself thinking, if only I can annotate the help file easily so that six months later (especially if it's a program I don't use regularly), I don't have to wrack my brain thinking, how did I solve that the previous time I had this problem.

Ideally this annotating utility should :

1. Enable me to highlight, bold, colorize (So I guess it sort of htm editor)
2. Be able to save the changes so that if I just hit F1 when using the program, I will see the annonated htm file.

Some programs I can think of do this are:
1. Microsoft Word,
2. AptEdit
3. EditPlus Pro

Other programs I can think of that does not quite fulfil criteria 2 are
1. Ultra Recall
2. Onenote
3. Surfulater
4. Evernote

How do others solve the "Please don't let me wrack my brain again problem".

Of course I recognize that if I install a program upgrade, the help files may be replaced - But that is another problem to solve.

Curt:
I know it is too late for this free solution, but in general, a devoted editor for help files surely must be a better option?

patteo:
Thanks Curt.

I think the CHM Editor is only for those compiled into CHM files.

I have tentatively decided to just import them into Microsoft OneNote and use that to annotate the files until I find a html editor that I like.

Come to think of it, maybe I should get around to checking out some of these Firefox Addons relating to HTML.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version