ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Monkeys Have Hit The Button

<< < (5/10) > >>

Lashiec:
WPF hasn't been used that much by actual applications, but from what I know is hardware-accelerated.

f0dder:
Graphics drawing speed isn't everything - have you tried resizing the control panel in Vista? Graphics are smooth enough, but it feels super laggy. if that is because it's a WPF program, then WPF sucks :)

electronixtar:
I wonder which new Vista API calls they're using in order to make it initially non-XP compatible? Seems relatively retarded and pretty incompetent to me, especially when considering the huge base of XP installs still available...

Don't tell me they require DX10 for the shell :P
-f0dder (January 07, 2009, 10:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

The reqire the Aero API on Vista. Some WPF, too.

electronixtar:
Graphics drawing speed isn't everything - have you tried resizing the control panel in Vista? Graphics are smooth enough, but it feels super laggy. if that is because it's a WPF program, then WPF sucks :)
-f0dder (January 08, 2009, 02:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

control pannel is laaaaagy because Windows has to collect *.cpl under system32.

btw Silverlight is built on top of WPF.

IMHO WPF is just a 'managed' version of GDI

f0dder:
-f0dder (January 08, 2009, 02:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
control pannel is laaaaagy because Windows has to collect *.cpl under system32.
-electronixtar (January 09, 2009, 10:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
That has nothing to do with the lag I'm talking about - I'm talking about resizing the GUI, which feels about as laggy as X11 applications on linux (and that's a frigging disgrace).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version