ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Network access?

(1/2) > >>

NinJA999:
Hi,

First off, let me say that I love FARR.  I use it religiously--I think the last time I touched my Start Menu was before I installed FARR (not even remotely kidding).  I use it for EVERYTHING.  I especially like how I can quickly navigate to a folder:
Type: C:\Pr
Tab: C:\Program Files\
Type: C:\Program Files\Fin
Tab: C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\
etc.
This speeds up my workflow greatly.
One feature FARR seems to be lacking, however, is the ability to access other computers/servers on the network.
I have a couple of computers, between which I often transfer files.  I can access one computer from another by opening windows explorer and typing \\computer2 or \\computer2\somefolder\, etc.
However, when I try to do this in FARR, it does not work.  This makes me sad, because I can do virtually everything else in FARR, but to browse another computer/server, I must do it in the much slower Explorer.
Is there something I am missing?  Or can I request this feature?

skajfes:
I've seen this request a couple of times already, but I just don't have the need for something like that and thus didn't take a better look. But now I have an idea: basically this could be done easily with a plugin. Set the regex to "\" and a plugin could easily access network folders.

ecaradec:
Its even doable with the new fscript getObject function by using the wmi class Win32_Share.
I would love to have this feature too.

wreckedcarzz:
Whoa... I didn't know you could navigate folders with FARR. Looks like I haven't messed with it nearly enough. In that case...

+1 for network browsing :up:

ecaradec:
The feature has already been asked however. I doubt that it FARR include it natively soon. However, if someone what to implement it as a plugin it could be done faster.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version