ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Capture rounded corners in Vista/Win7 Aero Glass

<< < (12/15) > >>

mouser:
Screencast demonstrating the new Windows 7 / Aero semi-transparent window grabbing in Screenshot Captor:

https://www.donationcoder.com/screencasts/dc/3ds/sc17/sc17.html

jpmjd:
Many thanks for this awesome tools.
In fact I am new user and I cannot find a way to capture rounded windows using Win7 aero transparency.
just have a look the corners with the setting I choose are not so clean as when capture  and cropping a full screen (below image)
Some help thank you

PS I hope my first img attach will be ok

jmoslander:
I found that if I perform a screen capture of the active window with Ctrl + PrtScr, then 'Keep image and show', then save the file as a .PNG, there are little white corners outside the rounded corners.

If I capture the window but select 'Save image as' and save the file as a .PNG.  There are little black corners outside the rounded corners.

Can you shed any light on why these two paths return different results?

mouser:
It surely has to do with transparency (those corners have some transparency) but what i can't remember is if the Save As function is removing the transparency..

I suspect that is in fact what's happening -- question, in SC options, under "Image File Format" tab, do you have the box checked that says "Flatten background transparency on Save As" ?

jmoslander:
I do not have the button checked to flatten transparency.
I found that if I have the capture margin set to default (20) and 'Capture/Keep Image and Show/File/Save Copy As' I get a white background.  Not sure if it's transparent.
With the same settings, if I 'Capture/File/Save Copy As' I get a black capture margin.
Here are the results. I've captured the current settings for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version