ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Clipboard_Viewer_Ignore/Security

<< < (2/2)

chrisk:
dear mouser,
saw that you've implemented the IgnoreClip thing...wonderful...but i can't seem to find how to make it work. can you please give a short instruction.
thanks,
chrisk

mouser:
there is nothing to do.. chs now ignores clips marked as IgnoreClip security (or at least it should); you can test it with the demo applications at the bottom of this page: http://www.clipboardextender.com/?page_id=8

chrisk:
thanks mouser....ahem, so i guess the conclusion is:
i don't know what i'm to do with the demo so as to make certain clips in CHS (say, all those in the favourite category, or somesuch) be ignored.
maybe a one-line pointer, please?
thanks,
chrisk

mouser:
ah ok, i see the confusion.
what i added to CHS was code to make CHS ignore and not store clips with that marker.
this is what you would normally want -- you want your clipboard tools to ignore certain data that might be generated from a password tool, etc.

what you are asking for is more unusual.. you want CHS itself to mark certain data as to-be-ignored when copied to clipboard.  this is a bit of a strange request since CHS is the clip tool so you wouldn't normally have ANOTHER program on your pc monitoring the clipboard..

would you want me to have an option to mark ALL clips copied by CHS to the clipboard as to be ignored by other clip tools?

chrisk:
dear mouser,
thx for the explanation...you're right, i thought mostly of that security aspect of the use of CHS which would make things _going out_ (so to say) of the clipboard tool (CHS) "invisible". the other aspect, of CHS not monitoring things _going in_ (eg from password progs etc) is, to a large degree, already taken care of by the "Ignore applications" setting, as i see it. maybe one way around would be to have one category (similar to Favorites) being "secure"?
sorry for the confusion and thanks so much for your clarification,
chrisk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version