ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Playstation 3 and Media Server Setup?

<< < (3/3)

Josh:
Has anyone had any experience with any of these lately? I am still using TVersity but am looking for something with better transcoding support and built-in codec support. Right now, Tversity can't play certain files so I am beginning to look elsewhere. Has anyone messed with Weezo or orb or playon lately? How about any others?

PaladinMJ:
i personally use PMS, or playstation media server, its free ware and cross [latform java.. works superbly. i have been using it since Feb. just installed and ran no config.. other than pointing it at my media stores and this on a vista box.. plays everything by on the fly encoding if needed.

PaladinMJ:
Has anyone had any experience with any of these lately? I am still using TVersity but am looking for something with better transcoding support and built-in codec support. Right now, Tversity can't play certain files so I am beginning to look elsewhere. Has anyone messed with Weezo or orb or playon lately? How about any others?
-Josh (April 14, 2009, 08:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

unless you have a netflix accnt w/ instant view playon is a waste a t 40$ pms does hulu just as good i think...

AngelReign:
My digital media was scattered among various drives, computers, and discs. I wanted seamless central control over all of it, so I decided to use my Sony PlayStation 3 as a media hub, with my 40-inch Samsung HDTV as a monitor. Now I can view or listen to all my photos, videos, and music via my TV screen, no matter where they are. Here’s a guide to building a digital media command center in your living room. [more]
by: myblog

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version