topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 1:55 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Looking for Project management timeline software  (Read 27382 times)

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Looking for Project management timeline software
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 01:31 PM »
Well, I personally think that having a calendar app without Ical support does not make sense. If you have ical i can there share my current data with your app right awy without giving up my own workflow.

So yes I would like to see Ical subscription( not just importing). I am hoping that .ics subscription would support offline online read and write.

Btw I tried importing .csv(which is not a prefarable method) into IQ and it did not let me and gave an error ("nothing to import").

Another thing I am missing in IQ is export function. How do you get data out of IQ?

thanks

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • InfoQube Information manager
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 01:37 PM »
- I'll look into .ics subscription
- csv import was fixed about 1 month ago
- exporting can be done in many ways: to Excel, select>copy->paste, XML, live links. More ways here: http://www.sqlnotes..../index.php?q=node/55
Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present -- Albert Camus -- www.InfoQube.biz

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 01:53 PM »
Do you have a rough timeline of ical stuff? I am not a user at the moment but I would be once the planner and ical stuff is in there. I am hoping that any kind of data with date could be shown in planner and send to subscribed calendar.

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2009, 04:47 PM »
I have not found anything useful so far. Only things that came ever close was Calimanjaro and Gemx and both looks like they are abandonware. Any other suggestions?

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2009, 06:13 AM »
Calimanjaro and Gemx and both looks like they are abandonware.

I agree about Calimanjaro - though he did reduce the price once, so it hadn't been completely abandoned,and can still be bought.

I think it is a bit unkind about GemX. The website, forum etc is a completely new version as is the pricing scheme. Forum is not very active and they don't respond as often as they might to questions (and no response to yours), but they do respond to some - and even put up some images of parts of the version in development (eg the mailer) in answers. So, I don't think it has been abandoned. I wouldn't buy it unless it does what you want now though even with its being the last day of their 2 for 1 sale today.

belgske

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2009, 10:11 AM »
how about
ganttproject or dotproject ? both oss
ganttproject:
Introduction video: http://www.teachertu...0ec9f30c649d64611552

Roger