ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for Project management timeline software

(1/7) > >>

kartal:
Hi

I am looking for a software that would let me input tasks-events-projects. I know any calendar app can do this. But what I am looking for is to be able to visualize this data set in different ways. Many calendar apps can only do daily-weekly or monthly which does not serve my need. I am looking for something that can also show as gant charts or yearly timeline etc. At the moment I am using Gantt project and Lighting(mozilla). The main problem I have with Gantt project is that it does not support .ics calendar format(import or export) so I need to enter data multiple times in multiple applications. I use tracking software to track my time on projects. I can export the data from tracking app as .ics but Gantt project does not import any .ics calendar :(

Any suggestions? No googleing advices please. I am looking for applications that are used or tested by Dc members.

thanks

kartal:
I just looked at Gexm organizer. It looks like it has some nice calendar stuff. Too bad it cannot subscribe to a network calendar which is what I need mainly :(

Dormouse:
It does Outlook import/export, but can also import/export other file formats including csv and ics.

kartal:
I personally do not use outlook so that part is useless to me. And .csv format to be messy. It can export .ics, no importing though.

I am trying to find one that can use subscription as well not just basic import export.

Dormouse:
Calimanjaro will subscribe to a calendar & share on network or internet. Again, not a feature I have used (though I vaguely remember trying it out a long time ago). Nice range of options for how much can be displayed (up to 24 months), but nothing fancy in terms of task management etc. Not been in development for some years as far as I have seen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version