ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

saving games problems

(1/3) > >>

techidave:
My kids are having problems saving their games under their user account (not admin).  They can play them, just not save them.  If they play the game under the user account it was installed under then all is well.  I have went in and given them read, write, and modify on that folder but that didn't help.

One of the games is Build a Lot by Hipsoft.  I looked on their website but didn't see any support options, nor did I find anything when I googled it.  They also have this same problem with a Sudoko game.  The games all run from the hard drive.

Running XP Pro SP3.  The wife and I are the only admins on this computer, the kids are standard users.

Any ideas??  Happy New Year!!

Dave

gexecuter:
Try to make their user accounts administrators. Then login into their accounts and launch the games and see if you can save. My sister account has problems in using software that i installed as an administrator unless i make her account an administrator too.

techidave:
I don't really want to make them admins.  They download music and play lots of online games.

I guess I could try it and see what happens.  I sure don't like this type of software that won't let all users run it properly.

gexecuter:
I don't really want to make them admins.  They download music and play lots of online games.

I guess I could try it and see what happens.  I sure don't like this type of software that won't let all users run it properly.
-techidave (January 01, 2009, 08:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Try what i told you and see what happens.

wreckedcarzz:
My sister uses my laptop almost CONSTANTLY to play The Sims 2 (w/ expansions), and it *requires* her to be an Admin on Vista to even run.

Poor/lazy programming, IMO (not saying I could do better, but nonetheless).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version