ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Wish list program

<< < (3/6) > >>

Codebyte:
Hey there :) I spent a little bit of time today fixing what you recommended. I hope you enjoy :)

Version 1.1 Changes:

* Users can now edit entries.
* Users have the ability to check things off now (which simulates "buying" an item)
* "Link" column is now changed to "Notes" column and users can now store any notes they would like for this item here.
* Increased the amount of priority levels from 3 to 5 and changed the way the user can select the priority for the item
* Users can now save/load wishlists.
* The Form is resizable but has limits on min/max sizes. WishList also now remembers the last Height/Width.
* Fixed the "text with gray background" issue reported by "Kamel" on DonationCoder.
* Users can now search their wishlists for generic text.
* Added animations to several buttons.
* Added the ability for users to switch to saved wishlists "On-the-go." This ability can be found in the combo box to the upper right corner of the form.
* All wishlists created can now be properly managed, even deleted from "WishList."
You can download the executable here: http://www.codebyter.com/Media/Programs/Coding_Snacks/WishList/WishList.exe

Codebyte:
Let me know how you feel about the WishList management (ability to save/load/delete)... I feel it was a solid implementation but not sure if it feels right...

Kamel:
Wow, what can I say, every possible thing I could have wanted in this little app is now here lol. Awesome work, thanks a lot. I feel special, don't think anyone has ever made software based on my request before.

The combo box idea is perfect and completely replaces the need for the tabs. I simply love the simplicity and functionality of the program, very good work :D.

About the profiles, I have found a couple of bugs but I feel it should be fairly easy to fix.

The "Default Profile" setting seems to always result in a file not found error. Further, if you try to add items to the default profile, switch to a different profile, then switch back, you get a file not found error and the items added to "Default Profile" appear to be missing.

When going to "save" a profile, you are essentially having to create a copy of your current wishlist in order to make a new one. This is actually a pretty cool idea/feature in my book, but I can see how it would be annoying if you had no blank profiles open to resave as a new wishlist. My idea for a solution is either A) add a "new" button, or B) add a "New ..." option to the combo box. The button would probably be ideal, but you may not want to crowd your interface in which case adding new ... to the end/beginning of the combo box would suffice. The reason I say a button would be ideal is it would be difficult to utilize the ability to 'scroll through' profiles using the mouse wheel, something I thought was nice.

Also, if you go to delete your "Default Profile", it may be more appropriate to clear the data in it rather than actually interpreting it as deleting the profile all together and refusing.

Finally, this is purely a matter of preference, but I'd probably prefer it if the profiles when saving began saving in the same folder of the program, but not very important. What I do think would be nice though is the ability to associate the .wpl extension with Wishlist. This would allow for users to store wishlists, then open them as any document rather than the need to find the program first. This would make storing the wishlists in my documents make a bit more sense (currently, if you try to open a .wpl file with wishlist it simply launches wishlist as if you had opened it independently.)

I think that's about everything I can think to say for now, if I forgot anything I'll reply again

Codebyte:
Version 1.2 Changes:

* Fixed the issue loading "Default Profile."
* Removed Default Profile and added a "Create New" speed button next to load/save buttons.
* Added the ability for WishList to check and set File Associations for .wlp files

Kamel:
Very nice, very good job on this. Thanks so much for making it. Hopefully there are many people out there with a need for a program such as this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version