ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Wish list program

<< < (2/6) > >>

Kamel:
Wow, thanks! I will most definitely use it. As of right now, I'm on my way to do some things in town. I will look when I get back

steeladept:
That is awesome Codebyte.  I didn't even think of needing something as straightforward as this and yet it looks VERY useful.

Codebyte:
hehe, thnx :) Just let me know if any of you need changes added to it:)

CleverCat:
This is great!  :Thmbsup:

Kamel:
Well, I'm back and I will now write up my synopsis of your software :P hehe.

First I'd like to say, I love it and it is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. It works as it is currently perfectly fine and is everything I hoped for. Since if I were in your position I might be interested in ideas for improvement, I will provide my suggestions, but remember these are just ideas, some may be off the wall useless but are included incase you're interested (perhaps a different idea will spawn from them).

To others using the software, what I've done is made a couple of folders with a copy of the program in the folders, as of right now all I have is the folders "short term" and "long term". A short term wish list example would be a shopping list. I know it says wish list, but that doesn't mean it can't be used for grocery shopping as well :D

Functionality:

* The ability to edit an entry
* Ability to check things off rather than just delete them
* An added general "note" column for a customized note, perhaps the link column could just be renamed and used for whatever the user wants rather than a link
* Adding a couple of more priority levels might be a nice addition
* The ability to save/load different wishlists may be a nice addition.

Polish:

* Make it resizable - I could imagine this app may be hard or impossible to use on a computer with a tiny screen, if the limiting factor is the background graphic you could either tile it or allow you to make it smaller but no bigger than the background.
* For some reason the text all has a gray background on my computer. Perhaps it is my settings in windows, I have it set to pretty bland graphics (windows xp, and this color does not reflect my desktop background as I thought it did. All of my colors in windows are set to be grayscale, though).
Edit: I changed my visual themes from the stripped down version to pretty and there is no longer the gray background behind text problem. Unfortunately, I was unable to determine what setting caused the conflict.

Abstract:

* This may be difficult to do, but the ability to do a generic text search might be very useful as a wishlist grows pages long.
* In version 9, tabs with different wishlists would actually be sweet.
* Perhaps Wishlist wasn't the best description of what I was talking about, if you can think of a better name perhaps it would appeal to more people but I have no idea

Lastly, I have a question, is there a limitation to how big the wishlist can be? I don't intend on having over 64,000 entries or anything, but if there is a limit I'd like to keep that in the back of my mind incase I ever do go crazy with it haha.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version