ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SmartWhoIS GiveAwayOfTheDay License Key.

(1/3) > >>

BCHOWDHURY:
Can anyone here, please, give me the license key for SmartWhoIS, given away sometime ago by GiveAwayOfTheDay.com? I need it to upgrade to the latest version if it still works. If posting on the forum is against norms, this is my email address: xxxxxxxxx. Thanks in advance.

[Edit: Email address removed]

Carol Haynes:
Sorry but this question is not really appropriate. One of the normal conditions on GiveAwayOfTheDay is that the program cannot be upgraded (or even reinstalled after the day the offer expires).

I am not sure it is true of all products on the website but the keys usually provided with software are usually registered to GAOTD (not the individual user) and so you would not be able to upgrade anyway.

PhilB66:
SmartWhois was a December 13, 2006 giveaway... http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/?s=SmartWhois&x=48&y=18

I believe there was no free upgrades to future versions.

Dormouse:
One of the normal conditions on GiveAwayOfTheDay is that the program cannot be upgraded (or even reinstalled after the day the offer expires).

I am not sure it is true of all products on the website but the keys usually provided with software are usually registered to GAOTD (not the individual user) and so you would not be able to upgrade anyway.-Carol Haynes (December 29, 2008, 07:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

There are the GAOTD conditions, but not all developers implement these. Some will give upgrades, some will give support, some are automatically registered, some have registration keys and some of the keys will work with any username and not just GAOTD. You only really find out by trying.

BCHOWDHURY:
OK. I understand. I have purchased the full version via Visualware which was giving a hefty discount. Nice program.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version