Welcome to the site pruthvi.
First let me say thanks for the kinds words.. and i hear what you are saying -- it needs to be easier or at least clearer to do what you want.
But try this to see how you could do what you want in your example:
- Search for Skype.
- When you see skype in the results, right click on it and choose "Add to Group Alias.." on bottom.
- Then then choose "New Alias Group.." at bottom again.
- Farr will create a new alias group for you and add skype to it. Just give it a Group Alias Name, like "chat" in the top left box and hit Ok.
- Now search for Yahoo Messenger.
- When you see it in results, right click on it, choose "Add to Group Alias.." and select your new "chat" group at top.
- FARR will add yahoo messenger below skype in the list. Just click Ok.
- Now when you want to show these programs, just type: chat
- And FARR will list the contents of this group of items for you to choose from.
After you get more advanced you can do other things, like customize the labels that are shown for these items (precede items in group with LABEL HERE | path here).
You can also reorder the items in the alias group as you wish, add new ones via drag and drop, change the score of the alias group, or comment items with \\.