topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:43 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: NOVEMEBER FUNDRAISER+CELEBRATION HAS BEGUN! -- EVERYONE READ IN PLEASE  (Read 12586 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Ok guys+gals, you should notice a few changes on the site, plus some new pages.

Make sure you check out our updated home page and these completely new pages:
Start Page
What People are Saying Page
Fundraiser Page

We have an almost unbelievably amazing collection of software to give away this month - so much that we set up a special form to help us figure out the scientifically optimal way to give out all the prizes to people based on their desires. 

And of course our programs will be getting some real updates this month as well.

I'll be posting more in the next days and weeks about our plans for the site, and I'll be posting more about how we would like to ask for your help in getting out the word about the site and our programs in the next 4 weeks.  We really want to make November something special.

I would also like to ask for your help financially.

Working on this site and on the programs on this site has been a labour of love - but it's also been a huge amount of work.. much more work than we ever anticipated.  If you've donated to the site in the past, will you please consider making another donation now that you've gotten to know us?  Your donation will help us make this site even better.

Please give what you can - what you are comfortable giving and still feeling like you are getting a wonderful bargain..

Thank you all,
and here's to another 8 months of fun new programs, interesting reviews, and great conversation  :beerchug:

« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 08:59 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I need to add something:

Thank you everyone who has made this site a success - the coders who have made their software available to this site and worked on coding snacks, the beta testers and those who have contributed to the programs on this site.

Your donations have made it possible to work on this site (I still go in debt a little each day, but not quite so rapidly as I did before your donations).  And your donations have made it possible to purchase some software tools, and upgrade the server we use which has made a huge difference I know you'll agree.

I want to especially thank everyone who has made this forum a real community - a fun and informative place to come and talk.  I really had no idea it would become such a fun place, and you guys have given me a real gift in making this site someplace I love to come and participate in.  All programmers enjoy programming, but having a group of people who appreciate the work, and help make it better is a whole different level of satisfaction.

Thanks everyone, hopefully the next 8 months will be even better!
-mouser

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ps.

those of you who donated in the early days of the site had your forum logins upgraded manually - the new system will send you a special activation code that will turn one forum login into a charter membership.

so if you're already a member and you donate, feel free to give the activation code to a friend or give it away, etc., it will upgrade one person to full charter membership.

aignes

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • WebSite-Watcher
    • Donate to Member

I just want to thank mouser for his wonderful pages, for his excellent ideas and all his work, I really like the idea behind the donationcoder site.

So I'm very happy that I'm now part of this community and that I can support mouser and the donationcoder fans with some free licenses of WebSite-Watcher (WSW got the Best-Software-On-The-Planet award in April 2005) and a 50% discount for donationcoder members who don't have the luck to win a free copy.

Have a nice celebration month  :)
- Martin Aignesberger,  author of WebSite-Watcher

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
martin - it's great to see you here posting!

The thread with the discount info on wsw and other aignes.com programs is here: https://www.donation...index.php?topic=73.0

I'll quote from that thread:

We would like to extend a special thank you to Martin Aignesberger the author of Website Watcher, one of our very favorite programs in the world (see our review on this site), for being so generous both with discounts for our members and with donating copies for us to give away.  Really a class act.

It's hard for me to convey how much I love website watcher, and how much i really do believe that anyone who has ever browsed the internet should have this program (or a program like it).  As we say in the review, it will change the way you surf the web.

Website watcher is also one of those rare programs that seems like it can't get any better - and yet martin never rests on his laurels, he's always improving it!  What more can I say, I love it  :Thmbsup:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 01:32 AM by mouser »

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I just want to thank mouser for his wonderful pages, for his excellent ideas and all his work, I really like the idea behind the donationcoder site.
I copy that, it's awesome what mouser did and does for the site! DonationCoder.com is great!  :-*

So I'm very happy that I'm now part of this community and that I can support mouser and the donationcoder fans with some free licenses of WebSite-Watcher (WSW got the Best-Software-On-The-Planet award in April 2005) and a 50% discount for donationcoder members who don't have the luck to win a free copy.
Feel free to add your site URL and maybe a few details to your forum signature. :)

aignes

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • WebSite-Watcher
    • Donate to Member
Website watcher is also one of those rare programs that seems like it can't get any better

hey, wait for the next versions and you will modify your posting ;)

As mentioned in one of my emails, I will add some donationcoder URLs to the default bookmarks set for new WebSite-Watcher installations, so new users will have them in their list. Maybe this helps a bit to promote donationcoder.

Feel free to add your site URL and maybe a few details to your forum signature.

yep, thanks! Already done.
- Martin Aignesberger,  author of WebSite-Watcher

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I will add some donationcoder URLs to the default bookmarks set for new WebSite-Watcher installations, so new users will have them in their list

that would be very very cool.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The thread with the discount info on wsw and other aignes.com programs is here: https://www.donation...index.php?topic=73.0

Thanks for reminding me of that ... I have just purchased a copy (leave the prize draw on this one for others ;))

Jan-S

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Big Bang enterprises
    • Donate to Member
Hi!

Congratulations to mouser for this really great site, I'm very impressed by the effort he and other contributors are putting into this project - I think it's certainly worth it! It's amazing to see this concept works so well.

I'm glad to tell you that I'm now supporting the November Fundraiser with a couple of free licences for DoubleKiller Pro, a flexible duplicate file finder, and a 30% discount available to all DonationCoder.com members.

I can just repeat what Martin said: Have a nice celebration month!
Jan Schlüter, author of DoubleKiller and DoubleKiller Pro
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 12:38 PM by Jan-S »

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NOVEMEBER FUNDRAISER+CELEBRATION HAS BEGUN! -- EVERYONE READ IN PLEASE
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 01:04 PM »
Congratulations to mouser for this really great site, I'm very impressed by the effort he and other contributors are putting into this project - I think it's certainly worth it! It's amazing to see this concept works so well.

I'm glad to tell you that I'm now supporting the November Fundraiser with a couple of free licences for DoubleKiller Pro, a flexible duplicate file finder, and a 30% discount available to all DonationCoder.com members.

I can just repeat what Martin said: Have a nice celebration month!
Welcome! And thanks for the free licenses and discount for the fundraiser!

I not only like your program, your profile picture is nice too :)  :up:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2005, 02:28 PM »
welcome to the site jan, and on behalf of our members thank you for the discount and donated copies.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 10:31 AM »
the fundraiser is over and so is the software drawing -
 winners to be announced today or tomorrow.