ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

HowTo make Thunderbird re-send 100s of emails from different senders?

<< < (3/4) > >>

J-Mac:
Curt,

First, if this is for emails containing licenses/registration codes, Gmail might not be the most private place for them. However if you do not fear any privacy issues surrounding Google, why not create yourself a Google Group? Assign yourself as administrator of the group, make it private - membership only upon approval of the administrator (of course you don’t approve anyone!), and then forward all the email you want saved to that group. Can't get easier access than that, and it is at least as private as a Gmail account. (Which you will need anyway to start a group). Plus youn have the benefit of the Google search engine to search the group.

From that point on you can also have any email account auto-forward to the address of the group and it will be saved there for as long as you have that group - or until Google goes out of business, whichever comes first!

Jim

BTW, I have a group like that and all messages to my Gmail account are forwarded there, as a redundant backup.  8)

Curt:
- wow, this sounds really cool, J-Mac - I sure will look into such a fancy model, also!  :up:

4wd:
Regarding the original question of getting a ton of emails onto a GMail account from Thunderbird.

Couldn't you just enable IMAP on the GMail account, set up an IMAP account in Thunderbird for it and then just drag'n'drop the folders between accounts in Thunderbird ?

Just tried it here with a few emails and it worked fine.

Woohoo!!  300 posts, I'll be catching up to Darwin in no time  :P

J-Mac:
- wow, this sounds really cool, J-Mac - I sure will look into such a fancy model, also!  :up:
-Curt (December 28, 2008, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Curt, here's an article about how to do this. Take a look and see if it helps you at all.   :)

Jim

Curt:
... just drag'n'drop the folders between accounts in Thunderbird ?

Just tried it here with a few emails and it worked fine.
-4wd (December 28, 2008, 06:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

@4wd, did these emails keep their original sender addresses (in gmail), or do they now appear as if they were mailed from you to you?

Congrats on #300   :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version