ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

HowTo make Thunderbird re-send 100s of emails from different senders?

(1/4) > >>

Curt:
I know that I sometimes am too fast for my own good, but most of the times I am too slow. As an example, I have only today realized how smart it can be to have a g or y -mail account to be used as a backup media for emails containing software licenses. Even though I have had such accounts for a while, I only saw the backing-up potential now. So, for a couple of hours I have been trying to figure out how to make Thunderbird re-send several hundred emails from various companies to my gmail account. So far, I have only managed to make it send a handful at the same time, even though I had marked several hundreds. Then I could of course send a handful a hundred times, but, you know, if you feel certain that it easily can be done "right" in a different way, you really don't want to do it any other "wrong" way, even if you have to use a lot more time than it otherwise would have taken. At least that is how I feel about it today, being off for Christmas and such...

So my question is: How do I make Thunderbird re-send several hundred emails (an entire folder), from various companies, from my home computer to my gmail account, in one go?  :tellme:

HowTo make Thunderbird re-send 100s of emails from different senders?
HowTo make Thunderbird re-send 100s of emails from different senders? HowTo make Thunderbird re-send 100s of emails from different senders? HowTo make Thunderbird re-send 100s of emails from different senders?

40hz:
Would a setting up rule like this and manually running it on the relevant folder work?

Just be careful gmail doesn't think you're a spammer or a hacker because you're hammering one account with a ton of e-mails all at once. Good way to get your home e-mail account banned - or reported to your ISP.

I'd be more inclined to just do ten or so at a time and play it safe. :Thmbsup:

Carol Haynes:
How about a two step process:

* forwarding them to an email account that supports POP mail
* use Google Mail / Options / Accounts to setup a POP mail account to import from
If you want an alternative method you could use MailStore to backup up the email folder from Thunderbird and then restore them to GoogleMail ...

MailStore is useful anyway.

Here is another method (but read the warnings) http://www.wikihow.com/Import-Archived-Outlook-Email-Into-GMail-Using-

and another (better - you set up a local IMAP server and then import the mail directly into GMail retaining all the correct headers) http://www.benshoemate.com/2007/11/09/how-to-upload-all-your-old-archived-email-to-gmail-from-outlook-lotus-notes-and-unix-pine/

Curt:
hey... too many choices!!  :o

It is two at night, and you made me feel like Mr Bean spinning with a turkey on his head - I think I will let this subject and my head rest for tomorrow! Thanks for all the answers  :up:  and good night!

Carol Haynes:
I like to give options ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version